What's the Point?
Sooner or later, a given version of Ruby will be unsupported. It's easier to make many small upgrades than to make a big upgrade all at once.
- Enter the command "rvm list" to see which versions of Ruby you have installed in the Docker container.
- Upgrade the Ruby version in the app. Make sure to cover every Ruby version specification, such as the .ruby_version file, Gemfile, .travis.yml, and other configuration files. It's a good idea to use the SearchMonkey tool to help with this.
- Use the "rvm use" command to switch to the newer version of Ruby.
- Run the git_check.sh script.
- Again, you may need to make changes due to errors or deprecation warnings. Make these changes, and run the git_check.sh script.
- If all goes well, you are ready to git add/commit/push your changes.